Pennsylvania-based entrepreneurs who are seeking space to grow their ventures should consider business incubators located within the state.
Business incubators typically offer below market rentals, as well as an array of services such as access to research, introductions to sources of funding, training workshops and business skill tutorials, internet access, networking opportunities and more.
According to the Pennsylvania Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Map, available incubator spaces are located in the areas of Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Scranton, West Hazelton, Scranton, and Sayre.
- - Baiada Institute (Philadelphia, PA) is an incubator that offers not only space but also desks, phones and Wi-Fi.
- - The Greater Hazleton Business Innovation Center (Hazleton, PA) offers office space and light manufacturing space. This incubator oversaw the growth of 16 companies and 4 of them have become anchor points.
- - The Scranton Enterprise Center (Scranton, PA) is the home of several anchor tenants and runs a business incubator program for start-ups and growing businesses. The current leases offered are spaces as small as 157 sq feet to as big as 6,000 sq feet.
- - The Enterprise Center (Sayre, PA) is home to more than 20 companies with over 100 employees. The facility is 145,000 sq feet and offers a great opportunity to local entrepreneurs.
- - The Riverside Center for Innovation (Pittsburgh, PA) is a 60,000 sq feet incubator that stands across the river from the David Lawrence Center in Pittsburgh. It is devoted to helping small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- - Working Order Incubator (Pittsburgh, PA) is an incubator that is specialized to help individuals with disadvantages and/or disabilities. This facility offers assistance in finding the right creative approaches to increase productivity.
These spaces and services are tailored specifically for the needs of entrepreneurs and serve as a valuable resource for the Pennsylvania entrepreneurial community.